Good day to all!
Introducing Dignity of Children’s Youth Social Entrepreneurship Program in partnership with the Illinois Afterschool Network!
Illinois after school providers will have the opportunity to facilitate the Dignity of Children’s Social Entrepreneurship Project Based Learning (PBL) Curriculum to their youth (12-18 years old). The objective is to prepare them to showcase their business ideas at the IAN Annual Spring Virtual Conference in March 2023 and go on to participate in Dignity of Children’s Entrepreneurship Competition (high school students) or at iDEAS® Empowered by Youth Symposium (middle school youth).
The Social Entrepreneurship PBL Curriculum is designed to empower young people to solve important world issues such as:
· Poverty, injustice, health crisis, and climate change
· Guiding youth to find local solutions to global issues
· Youth will do deeper learning in topics that matter to them
· Youth will have the opportunity to present to experts and business professionals to get validated for their ideas.
Illinois after-school providers who are interested in facilitating the curriculum will receive the following support:
· Access to Dignity of Children’s self-guided Social Entrepreneurship PBL Curriculum.
· Facilitator’s guide to assist in direction on how to best facilitate and implement the curriculum.
· Curriculum fundamentals asynchronous training to support in the facilitation of the curriculum.
· Virtual 45-minute session, Tuesday, January 20, 2023 which will cover how to navigate the portal and implement the self-guided curriculum to youth.
To gain access to Dignity of Children’s Social Entrepreneurship PBL Curriculum please register here.
Only high school students who participated in the IAN Annual Spring Virtual Conference Showcase will have the opportunity to join teams from all over the country at the Dignity of Children’s Entrepreneurship Competition.
If Illinois after-school providers believe this is a great opportunity for their youth but cannot facilitate the curriculum, Dignity of Children is giving Illinois youth the chance to join the program individually. Youth will need to sign up here by December 23rd.
Photo from iDEAS® Empowered by Youth Symposium