Your Organization’s DEI Dossier: From Personal Lens to Data Story
This two-part virtual workshop series will invite participants to examine their DEI lenses from a personal, organizational and historical perspective. Participants will then learn of strategies to understand and record various DEI voices of their organization and develop their own DEI data stories.
***Who should attend? AfterSchool Staff, Administrators AND Resource Development Staff– This is a GREAT way to start cross departmental conversations between program front line staff and resource development staff at your organization.
Two-part Virtual Series from 10am-12pm on
Wednesday, January 24th
Wednesday, January 30th
Part 1: Lenses Give Voice
1. Participants will explore their DEI lenses to understand how it affects their interpretation and sharing of data.
2. Participants will explore the historical context of the DEI landscape in America and in their organizations.
3. Participants will engage with strategies and resources for framing a plan for capturing (tracking) the DEI voices of the organization.
Part 2 Voices Tell Stories
1. Participants will learn basic elements of stakeholder communication.
2. Participants will practically explore how to share captured voices as a data story.
3. Participants will develop a plan to individually or organizationally share their DEI data story.
Cynthia Townsend is owner and Director of the education and business consulting firm, Ideas, Knowledge & Strategies LLC. She is also a former Chicago Public School teacher and has also served in various administrative capacities for educational non-profits. Currently, she facilitates workshops on a variety of topics and develops curriculum and program infrastructures for local, national and international organizations.
Cost - FREE
IAN Trainer - Cynthia Townsend
IAN Parent Facilitator - NA