Parent Cafes are safe spaces for caregivers to connect with others through their shared experiences, their concerns, their fears, their wisdom, and to find community and strength together on a topic of conversation. Through open communication, the Parent Café Sessions become places of affirmation where they can learn that they are not alone in their struggles with managing their families and households. Parent Cafes also provide an opportunity to help connect parents to resources to help solve problems they might face.
The goals of the sessions were as follows:
- Being more resilient as parents/caregivers
- Forging positive social relationships
- Increasing their knowledge of parenting and child/youth development
- Improving their communication skills
- Building a supportive network of parents/caregivers around the topic discussed.
- No JUDGEMENT ZONE
Use the tools below to help find the resources that will help you build your skills or replenish your toolbox.
The links below are resources from previous Parent Cafe Sessions. Hope that they are helpful to you. At-Home Holiday Activities Parent Resources for Self Care Parent Cafe Self Care Tips 22 Remote Learning Tips for Parents