The Illinois AfterSchool Network Parent Café is a place where parents/families of all types gather and share their stories, their experiences, their worries, their fears, their wisdom, and find community and strength together on a topic of conversation. Through open communication, they become places of affirmation where they can learn that they are not alone in their struggles with managing their families and households. Parent Cafes also provide an opportunity to help connect parents to resources to help solve problems they might face.
The goals of the Parent Cafes are as follows:
- Being more resilient as parents
- Forging positive social relationships
- Learning to create concrete support networks
- Increasing their knowledge of parenting and child/youth development
- Improving their communication skills
Parent Cafe sessions are offered FREE to all families. During each session, we will have professionals in the field to help parents with questions and share resources.
In-person and Virtual Summer Activities for the Summer
Resources from Parent Cafe Sessions