Illinois Collaboration on Youth (ICOY), in partnership with the Illinois AfterSchool Network, will select six to eight out of school time programs to participate in a two year project. The Bright Promises Foundation is funding this project throughout Illinois to promote resilience in children ages 8-12 years old who have been exposed to trauma.
ICOY will grant the opportunity for agencies to become more trauma informed through an organizational capacity assessment, assistance in developing an action plan, and providing technical assistance and training. The goal is to change the organizational culture and increase protective factors to better meet the needs of the children and families affected by trauma.
November 1, 2012 – June 30, 2014
• Boys and Girls Club of Greater Peoria, Peoria
• Chicago Youth Centers – Rebecca K. Crown Center, Chicago
• Erie Neighborhood House, Chicago
• Glen Ellyn Children’s Resource Center, Glen Ellyn
• Project High Hopes – Aunt Martha’s, Riverdale
• Youth Organization Umbrella (YOU), Evanston
• Youth with a Positive Direction, Decatur