WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THESE MANUALS?
The Resource Manual is divided into sections, which will give easy access to users. First and foremost, a fundamental view of the Afterschool Mental Health Consultation Framework explaining the objectives of this partnership: what mental health consultation looks like, expected services from consultants, and expected participation from the after-school programs.
Other information in this resource manual includes the benefits and challenges in parent engagement, valuable research information on parent engagement, as well as observations and concerns from staff.
Each section is broken into individual topics which include:
- Section 1 – Framework to Support After School Programs Through Consultation
- Section 2 – Parent Engagement
- Section 3-A – Introduction-Social and Emotional Learning
- Section 3-B – Social and Emotional Learning – Self Management
- Section 3-C – Social and Emotional Learning – Self Awareness
- Section 3-D – Social and Emotional Learning – Relationship Skills
- Section 3-E – Social and Emotional Learning – Responsible Decision Making
- Section 3-F – Social and Emotional Learning – Social Awareness
Plus sections for Resources, Toolkits, and Helpful Links.
We are also providing a Pocket Guide. It is essential that parents and program staff collaborate and connect to support the social and emotional development of their children, which leads to academic success and the development of career and life skills. This manual offers ideas, resources, and activities to support that process.
We are providing the full SEL Parent Resource Manual as a full download, or you can view each section separately. The pocket guide is also available in full or sections.
S.E.L. PARENT RESOURCE MANUAL
Download the Entire Manual (27 MB)